The Fjallraven Kanken Backpack Never Goes Out of Style

The Fjallraven Kanken backpack is one of this year's hottest trends in bags. This revival comes as no surprise to devotees of the classic Swedish backpack. The bags were originally designed for Swedish school children in 1960, and soon after achieved a cult-like following. The company never went anywhere, and they've remained quite popular over the decades, particularly among those who love to spend time in the outdoors. However, when it comes to backpacks for school and work, trends to come and go, and this season, the legendary Kanken is also considered a fashionable favorite with those who want the latest thing.


I've loved the Fjallraven Kanken ever since I discovered them about fifteen years ago. Their durability is unsurpassed. These bags just keep going, no matter what you do to them, and I've done it all. I've overstuffed them with library books to the point I was afraid they would burst at the seams, taken them camping in environments where they got dragged, dropped, and abused in every possible way. I've never managed to ruin one. I still have the first one I bought, and it still looks great. The only reason I own several is because they make them in so many colors, and I like to coordinate them with my outfits.

Another feature that makes these bags so much better than some backpack brands is their extreme water resistance. I've been caught in the rain many times over the years, and I've never had a single book, paper, or laptop get ruined. Fjallraven makes the Kanken out of a tightly woven fabric called G10000, and while I have no idea what G10000 means, I can tell you that it performs!


Another great thing about the Fjallraven Kanken is that it comes it different models for differing needs. The mini is great for little kids, so they don't topple over under the heft of a full-sized backpack. The original is a great all-purpose bag for anyone, and the 15 inch laptop bag is great for those times you need to have your computer with you.

The original Fjallraven Kanken costs $75, which is quite reasonable when you consider how long they last. It's true that you can purchase much cheaper backpacks, but it will end up costing you more in the long run, as they usually fall apart quickly, too. Buy a $25 backpack, and you'll be lucky if it lasts more than a few months with regular use. Make the investment, and you won't regret it. This is one trend that lives up to the hype.

评论

热门博文